If you’ve made a cardboard plate, now’s the time to print from it. Linda demonstrates two methods, with a press and without.
To work along you’ll need:
- A print plate carved from a scrap of mount board. (See Part 1 for details).
- Etching ink – either traditional oil based or water based alternative.
- A telephone directory for sheets of thin paper.
- An old credit card or similar.
- Piece of scrim or tarlatan cloth.
- Newsprint paper.
- Print quality paper – watercolour paper is fine.
- A shallow tray to hold water for soaking paper.
- An old towel to blot paper.
- A printing press, pasta machine or old metal spoon.
- Apron and protective gloves.
- White spirit for clean up of oil based ink.