Happy Halloween! OK, I confess, these aren’t this year’s pumpkins. It’s been a crazy week and we’re not yet done with the carving.
I had all good intentions, but getting elbow deep in pumpkin seeds and the stringy insides hasn’t quite happened so far! We have made lanterns though which was a lovely activity you might also want to try with your little ones.
- Just wash out an old jam jar and tie some string around the neck to form a handle.
- Take a piece of black paper and wrap around the jar, cutting to size with a small overlap.
- Draw and cut out some spooky window shapes, we did a ghost, pumpkin and spider.
- From the back, glue some scraps of coloured tissue paper over the window openings.
- Wrap your decorated strip of paper around your jar and secure with tape before popping in an electric tea light.
New Video Workshop – Handpainted Quilting
Learn how to combine hand painting with your quilting (either digitally stitched or free motion) as an exciting way to introduce colour and pattern to your quilts. I’m obsessed with Drunkard’s Path at the moment so my samples all use a design based on that traditional block, but you can apply this technique idea to many different motifs and designs.
Ways to watch:
If you have a DesignMatters TV Membership you’ll find this workshop is automatically available to you, just click on the link above.
If you don’t have a Membership, you can purchase this workshop as a one-off for £1.50. You might like to use Classroom Credits to do this.
Thank you for reading our newsletter this week. We’ll be back again soon with more.
Love Linda and Laura xx